Hours/Schedule: Part-time with opportunity for Full-Time
Compensation: $10-$12 per hour
About Alta Bike Share
Alta Bike Share is Chicagos new bike share system launching in Summer 2013. Under contract with the City of Chicago DOT, Alta is excited to announce the beginning of its operations and seeks talented individuals to join our team, leading up to a system launch of 300 stations and 3000 bikes.
Alta Bike Share is seeking drivers to help with all aspects of bicycle rebalancing. The Rebalancing Team is required to drive vans in the greater Chicago area to help maintain optimal number of available bikes and docks for our members.
Key Aspects of Position
- Experience driving trucks or large vans in city traffic.
- Works alone or with other Street Team members under the guidance of the Operations Manager.
- Drives a large van or SUV with trailer to redistribute bikes as required based on real-time demand data.
- Addresses and logs bike status, system events and rebalancing data as instructed.
- Evaluates bike condition, and escalates issues, as needed.
- Inspects bike stations for safety, operability and cleanliness.
- Troubleshoots stations/ensures station operability.
- Assists with bike and bike station deployment and re-deployment.
- Works with Customer Service and Bike Service teams to ensure timely and productive workflows.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
-Valid drivers license and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Experience driving a large van in city traffic.
- Knowledge of Chicago geography/street layout.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must be able to have the ability to work various shifts, as assigned.
- Adaptability – enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Dependability - Follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance.
- May require bending, stooping, lifting up to 35 pounds.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Previous delivery driving, mechanical and/or logistics experience preferred
Skills for Chicagoland's Future is a nonprofit startup that partners with top Chicago employers to hire qualified unemployed talent. Our services are completely free to job seekers.
Our relationships with employers help you to get in front of a hiring manager quickly.
You must be unemployed or underemployed, a resident of Cook County, and eligible to work in the US.
- 21 months ago - save job