Bike Service Technician Lead : Full-Time, Year-Round. Specialty Sports Venture (SSV). Colorado Springs, CO.
Bicycle Village is Colorado’s premier bike shop with five locations. We offer the best selection of bikes, components, accessories and clothing for cyclists and recreational riders.
Bicycle Village, Aurora is seeking an experienced and talented Service Lead to contribute to our growing service department. The ideal candidate will have over 4 years of bicycle repair experience with some time spent in a supervisory role. They must be very organized, hard working, and have a strong ability to think on their toes. More than just a mechanic, the Service Lead will also help to train other techs, and help to drive sales in the service department.
- Interface with the customer to assess service needs
- Inspect, repair, and service customers’ bicycles
- Assist in generating bike and accessory sales
- Complete accurate work order paperwork and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource to customers
- Demonstrate a professional standard of customer service
- Adhere to a all company policies and guidelines
- Maintain organization and cleanliness standards
- Remain current on industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
- Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policy
- Communicate with store management to achieve a seamless customer experience and maximize profitability
- Other duties as assigned
- Bike mechanic experience
- Supervisory experience, highly preferred
- Previous experience working in a bicycle shop
- Passion for cycling / bicycles
- Maintain a working knowledge of products and trends within the industry
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends
Vail Resorts' retail and rental operations are conducted through Specialty Sports Venture (SSV), a majority owned subsidiary. SSV operates over 160 year-round and seasonal stores under 40 + retail brand names specializing in ski, bike, golf and fly fishing products and gear. We operate in world-class locations such as Aspen, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Telluride, Park City, Vail, Lake Tahoe, Denver’s Front Range and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Compensation: Starting at $10.00 per hour, depending upon experience
As a Vail Resorts employee you get way more than a paycheck or even a ski pass. Our Total Rewards program gives employees access to some of the world’s most beautiful playgrounds and luxurious properties—and the goods to enjoy each of them to their fullest potential.
Some of the benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug plans
- Free ski and snowboard pass to our world-class resorts
- Retail discounts at our stores
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Excellent training and professional development
Have fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe. These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and a commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...