Bike Service Technician: Full-Time, Seasonal. Specialty Sports Venture (SSV). Outdoor Outlet. Appleton, WI.
Vail Resorts' retail and rental operations are conducted through Specialty Sports Venture (SSV), a majority owned subsidiary. SSV operates over 160 year-round and seasonal stores under 40 + retail brand names specializing in ski, bike, golf and fly fishing products and gear. We operate in world-class locations such as Aspen, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Telluride, Park City, Vail, Lake Tahoe, Denver’s Front Range and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Our Bike Mechanics are responsible for assisting in store service operations, to expertly provide quality tune-ups and repairs, building bikes and offer a world-class customer experience, contributing to the success of the team and the entire company.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Interface with the customer to assess service needs
- Inspect, repair, and service customers' bicycles
- Assist in generating bike and accessory sales
- Complete accurate work order paperwork and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource to customers
- Demonstrate a professional standard of customer service
- Remain current on industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
- Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
- Communicate with store management to achieve a seamless customer experience and maximize profitability
- Minimum of 1 year bike mechanic experience in a retail store
- Previous experience with various bike components, service tools, and machinery
- Passion for cycling / bicycles
- Ability to build all levels of bikes from the box to a safe, ride ready bike
- Ability to stand and move in an active, team-oriented environment for extended periods
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English
- Basic computer skills
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends
- Previous experience with retail and rental POS systems
Compensation: starting at $12.00 per hour, dependent upon experience.
As a Vail Resorts employee you get way more than a paycheck or even a ski pass. Our Total Rewards program gives employees access to some of the world’s most beautiful playgrounds and luxurious properties—and the goods to enjoy each of them to their fullest potential.
Some of the benefits include:
- Retail discounts at our stores including bikes and parts
- Seasonal Health Insurance plans
- Free ski pass to our world-class resorts
- Excellent training and professional development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Have fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe. These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and a commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...