BECOME PART OF A PASSIONATE CREW!!
As a Bike Technician and Sales Associate, you will be responsible for qualifying the customer, determining needs and making product recommendations that will enhance the customers overall cycling experience. In this role, you will learn how to assemble new bikes, estimate repairs and overhauls and complete basic walk-in repairs. Remaining current with product lines, trends and new technology will be a vital requirement of this role. The successful candidate must be open to furthering technical education through various training classes as well as be willing to work side by side with a certified master mechanic. Success in this position could lead to a Master Mechanic role.
- Greet customers quickly and courteously
- Strive to attain daily, weekly and monthly sales goals and metrics
- Determine customer equipment needs and make product recommendations
- Complete estimations and basic repairs according to established guidelines
- Demonstrate proficiency in selling skills and shop operations
- Build new bikes delivered from manufacturer
- Resolve customer problems efficiently and tactfully
- Complete necessary documentation and paperwork neatly and accurately
- Comply with all area and industry procedures and regulations
- Keep knowledge and skills current
- Adhere to safety procedures regarding use of tools and equipment
Skills / Requirements
A varied schedule will include day, evening and weekend shifts.
*Technicians must successfully complete Company approved, area-specific certification process.
- Must have an outgoing, friendly personality with exceptional customer service skills
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Prefer at least 1 year of basic bike tech experience
- Familiar with basic tools of the trade; mechanically inclined
- Organized, clean and able to work in a shared work space
- Basic working knowledge of products
- Position does require lifting/carrying upwards of 50lbs
- Passionate end-user: cycling, mountain biking, Fixie, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Willing to further technical training and education
Sport Chalet has been a leader in the specialty sporting goods arena for over 50 years. With stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah, Sport Chalet is renowned for providing a level of service that is unparalleled in the retail sporting goods industry. In an effort to support our store-level teams, we are seeking individuals who live an active lifestyle to join our retail sales division. Our dynamic team strives to enhance the customers shopping experience, and is driven not to be the biggest, but the BEST.
Sport Chalet is a drug-free, equal opportunity employer that offers dynamic career opportunities and generous discounts.
Sport Chalet - 9 months ago
For those who play, there's Sport Chalet. The sporting goods retailer operates 50-plus stores mostly in California, but also in...