Essential Job Functions:
- Under general supervision, (1) aid client families requiring social service assistance; (2) in collaboration with clients; interview and evaluate clients and formulate Independent Living Plans; (3) locate and make use of appropriate community resources for clients; and (4) relocate families to permanent housing.
Education and Experience:
- Establish professional relationships with clients; engage them in permanency services and ensure client confidentiality.
- Review all documentation establishing clients' eligibility for program and pre-screen for non shelter alternatives.
- Create and maintain client files.
- Conduct initial intake and psycho-social assessment of clients and clients' families' needs and periodic re-assessments.
- In collaboration with clients, prepare initial and periodic revisions of independent living plans including short-term and long-term client goals.
- Assist clients in attaining their goals by referring them to permanent housing opportunities and identifying and locating community resources for clients and by making referrals to appropriate services
- Work with clients to break through barriers to client goals and to assist clients in advocating for themselves and in moving toward self-sufficiency.
- Monitor clients' progress toward their goals (dates achieved) via regularly scheduled contact and document via progress notes.
- Follow-up with clients and with referral organizations regarding client contact and progress with referral organization.
- Provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- Act as client liaison/client advocate with outside organizations regarding such matters as education, healthcare, childcare, housing, legal issues, etc.
- Schedule appointments for client with referral organizations.
- Escort clients to appointments (housing, entitlements, educational, medical, social service, etc.)
- Assist clients in completing applications for benefits and entitlements, and may process applications on clients' behalf.
- Complete Relocation Case Review (RCS) for referral for aftercare services.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BSW) preferred, experience preferred knowledge of homeless population, computer literacy, excellent oral and written communication skills.