OVERVIEW: Family Focus’ mission is to promote the well-being of children from birth by supporting and strengthening their families as individual units and within their communities. We are committed to ensuring our centers provide exemplary services with innovative programs and that family support principles are integrated into every aspect of the work. This position plays a central role in fulfilling those two commitments.
The Fatherhood Initiative Facilitator is responsible for developing and facilitating the Fatherhood Initiative program and for forming program links with community resources to develop and implement a community driven responsive fatherhood program. Work from the team approach to enhance the overall development of families enrolled in the Family Focus Nuestra Familia programs.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
• Develop relationships to establish linkage with local service providers, community businesses, houses of worship, medical homes and other community stakeholders.
• Participate in all special events at the center, schools and community.
• Review and implement the Siempre Papa Curriculum.
• Coordinate and facilitate discussion groups, workshops, etc. at the center and schools.
• Recruit a core group of Fathers from Early childhood programs to develop and participate in the Fatherhood Initiative.
• Identify additional evidence –based curriculum that culturally relevant and affirming and suitable for males.
• Work with child development specialists to facilitate participants’ access to needed services.
• Implement Parent Cafés and Abriendo Puertas curriculum to supplement the programs
• Assist program staff in referral, advocacy, and follow up as needed.
• Provide publicity and information about the Fatherhood Program to other agencies and to the public at large
• Work with community coalitions, communities and organizing groups that address issues of services delivery (e.g. Family Support Initiative, Coalition for the Homeless), WACA, Father Initiatives, etc.
• Prepare and submit appropriate documentation and reports
• A Bachelor degree of Arts, AA degree or equivalent experience with emphasis on community work and social services.
• Considerable experience working with children and families and in particular with fathers.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to communicate in writing and verbally in both English and Spanish.
• Extensive knowledge of community resources.
NPO.net - 30+ days ago