Family Focus, a leader in the field of family support, seeks qualified candidates for the full time position of Parent Educator. Family Focus provides comprehensive resources and support programs for families with young children, and at-risk youth at multiple community-based centers in Chicago and Chicago land area. Founded in 1976 by early childhood professionals, Family Focus Nuestra Familia provides services to a diverse population.
Through home visiting, provide early childhood development and parent education to families and their children in the CPS PI program. Work on a team approach utilizing principles of Family Support Practice to enhance the overall development of children and families in the program.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
• Provide home-based services including parent/child interaction activities to families.
• Provide support, education, and information on relevant topics to including child development, parenting, and family education through home and center-based services.
• Follows Baby TALK curriculum guidelines along with additional requirements from the funding partner.
• Conducts family assessments to determine needs for case management and other referrals as well as the development of an IFSP.
• Conducts developmental screening, home-based and center based services, referrals and advocacy. Supports the family in reaching their identified goals and supports parents identify tools and skills to foment their child’s health development.
• Prepare and submit appropriate documentation and reports, maintain client records in accordance to professional standards and funder requirements.
• Present case material and request information from other center staff during weekly meetings.
• Represent organization at meetings and attend conferences as requested
• Assist in recruiting eligible families for home visiting program and maintain caseload.
• Attend the Baby TALK Training for certification and training on Principles of Family Support.
• Collaborate with other agencies and services.
• Provide childcare for center-based activities; develop weekly age-appropriate lesson plans
• Perform other duties as assigned
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meets regularly with PI Coordinator to discuss and review cases.
• Maintain required screenings, update immunizations, educational status, WIC appointments, and family planning for participants and their children.
• Attends and participants in all meeting, conference, in-service training required by Family Focus.
• Facilitate groups at center and collaborating organizations as needed.
• Participate in all center wide trainings, activities, and meetings.
• Work in a team environment.
• Work in other components/capacities as deemed necessary by the Center Director to accomplish Family Focus’ Mission.
• Participate in fundraising activities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of a Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) in Human Services, Early Childhood Education, or a related field.
• Experience in child development, early childhood education, social work, or related field.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing in English and Spanish.
• Knowledge and understanding of Latino community in Hermosa, Humboldt Park and Belmont-Cragin community.
• Requires extensive local travel and some evening and weekend hours
• Must have access to reliable and efficient transportation that will allow for the completion of caseload responsibility
NPO.net - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard