Community Reach Center, a top-tier mental health provider in the northern Denver area, and the designated mental health provider for anyone eligible for Medicaid in Adams County, Colorado.
We are seeking a Bilingual Behavioral Health Professional that is licensed or licensed within 6 months of completion of supervision hours. Under supervision, will function as part of the medical team and provides consultation, assessment, and brief solution focused behavioral treatment. These positions are based at Clinica Campesina Thornton, Denver, and Federal Heights.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the prenatal psychosocial services and site Prenatal Plus Program.
- Manages/monitors the Mental Health Grant referrals to MHC’s MD and on-site therapist.
- Ensures Mental Health Grant data collection as appropriate and required.
- Responsible for brief problem solving, cognitive therapy and self-management support for referred patients.
- Responsible for telephone call follow-up with caseload of pod referred high-risk chronic care patients, especially depression patients.
- Responsible for crisis intervention counseling as referred by providers.
- Functions as group visit team health education staff member as needed, including self-management with patients.
- Acts as a consultant to other staff on skillful and effective intervention with patients, including crisis intervention.
- Serves as a resource to other staff regarding psychosocial issues and mental health diagnosis.
- Responsible for community agency outreach, networking and resource development.
- Assists with staff training as needed.
- Functions as chronic care self-management support expert and trainer at clinic sites.
- Assists with implementation of an effective Quality Improvement Program.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
Demonstrates competence in communication, professionalism, organizational and analytical skills, and clinical intervention skills.
- Serves as a representative/role model of the programs as well as Community Reach Center with patients, families and the community as required. Projects a positive image to other agencies and the general public.
- Participates in and utilizes opportunities that provide professional growth through attendance at center in-services and other conferences and by conducting consultation and education functions as indicated.
- Promotes cooperative working relationships and positive team atmosphere.
Education / Experience
- Performs other such duties as assigned within the scope of the position and program description, as well as those reflective of experience, education and ability.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Minimum of 6-12 months directly related experience, which may include internship.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Psychology or Social Work.
- Must be a Licensed Psychologist or a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and be in good standing, with the State of Colorado within 6 months of completion of supervision hours.
- Bilingual Spanish Speaking is required.
- Communication, organization, time management, and clinical skills. Knowledge and understanding of clinical social work and mental health counseling principles, methods, procedures, and standards. Familiarity with DSM IV and diagnostic techniques.
Community Reach Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Experience working in medical settings, preferably within an integrated healthcare framework. Able to provide services to children, adolescents, and adults.
Community Reach Center - 18 months ago