Bilingual Care Coordinator / Care Navigator
The Bilingual Care Coordinator/Care Navigator is responsible for managing a high volume of service requests from Providers and Members. This is a non-clinical position. Care Coordinators/Care Navigators are not responsible for conducting any triage program activities that require interpretation of clinical information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide exceptional customer service via telephone and must be fully bilingual.
• Ensures customer satisfaction by providing quality service, identifying customer needs and assisting them with issues/concerns related to health care issues
• Research, identify and problem solve, verify eligibility of service and place call backs as required
• Meet and support established service goals and business objectives by meeting and exceeding performance standards
• Adapts communication style to persons representing diverse personal, professional, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Ability to multi-task; simultaneously thinks, talks, and types.
• Uses excellent hearing and listening skills to receive detailed information.
• Responds to the needs of a 24/7/365 operation.Must be available to work flexible shifts according to the 24/7/365 operation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required; some college preferred. Minimum of one-year customer service in a call center, medical office/clinic or institutional setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Healthcare experience preferred.
Language Ability: Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions and short correspondence. Spanish Speaking required.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to deal with and solve problems using solid judgment skills.
Technical skills: Basic PC and keyboarding skills required. Ability to handle PBX or multiple line phone systems, pagers and paging systems preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate. This job requires working in a business office with computers, printers, and light traffic.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, you must be able to sit for extended periods of time and communicate with callers through the use of a headset.
You must be able to lift up to 10 pounds, have close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust your focus with good hand-eye coordination.
Carenet - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
In 1988, Carenet Healthcare Services launched as a patient care advocacy and navigation operation within the Christus Santa Rosa Hospital...