Program Summary: Family School Connection provides weekly intensive home visiting services that strengthen the ability of families to support their children’s development and school success though parent education, help in managing problems, assisting with the families basic needs and providing appropriate community referrals.
- Acts as primary contact person for 20 families; conduct home visits with the families once a week.
- Teach families about child development.
- Help families become engaged with their children’s school and their academic life.
- Assist families in accessing services from community resources.
- Assist with program participant recruitment.
- Use highly regarded curricula to improve parenting skills.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with primary care providers, the school, and community services.
- Development and implementation Action Plans for families per program guidelines.
- Maintains timely and accurate client files, including Action Plans, correspondence and case notes.
- Assist families in identifying un-addressed needs related to benefits, education, housing, medical and other needs.
- Maintain strict confidentiality concerning any family’s personal information including HIV/AIDS status.
- Maintain records and statistics on program participants as directed by Program Coordinator.
- Assist in program development and quality assurance activities as directed by Program Coordinator.
- Attend required trainings programs and community meetings as assigned.
- Attend regularly scheduled supervision, staff and or other meetings as requested.
- Mandated to report any witnessed or suspected child abuse/neglect to the Department of Children and Families.
- Assist with special projects and complete other duties assigned by Program Coordinator.
Miracle Workers - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
We are a private, nonprofit organization providing innovative programs to support the needs of women with children. It is our mission to...