The Children`s Place Association is a safe haven for children and families whose lives have been devastated by disease and poverty. Since 1991, the agency has reached out to HIV/AIDS-affected children and families through services such as 24-hour residential nursing care, specialized day care, summer camp, mental health counseling, and foster care/adoption.
Our Early Learning Center provides daycare services for HIV/AIDS-affected preschool children ages 6 months to 5 years old. The program is designed to manage the unique problems of HIV/AIDS-affected preschoolers, such as infections, undernourishment, developmental delays and psychological issues. To address these issues, the program offers specialized services including case management; physical, occupational, language, and speech therapies; and on-site nursing care.
Please visit us online at www.childrens-place.org !
We are seeking a bilingual Family Support Specialist to support the children and families at the Early Learning Center. The Family Support Specialist is responsible for parental engagement and involvement, including monthly parent meetings, parent training sessions and Head Start Parent Council.This position assists with maintaining enrollment through outreach and recruitment activities, as well as with intake and eligibility determination of new families enrolling into the Early Learning Center.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Child Development with an emphasis on infant development and working with families required.
- Practicum work with infants and children required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with young children and families in an early childhood field required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) written and verbal communication skills required.
- Experience working with persons with chronic illness preferred.
- Head Start knowledge preferred.