Seattle Central Community College is looking for creative and dedicated part-time faculty members to teach Bilingual GED preparation in Spanish/English in the Adult Basic Education program. This is a multi-level, integrated skills class which will cover reading, writing, and math. Successful applicants will have the ability to work effectively with students, colleagues, staff and others in a campus climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding in an urban environment. |
Seattle Community Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
- Teach assigned Bilingual GED preparation classes at the time and place scheduled.
Required Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Master's in Adult Education or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience teaching ABE, GED preparation or English to Speakers of Other Languages to an immigrant/refugee adult population.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others in a professional setting.
- A clear understanding of the goals and role of the community college.
- Fully bilingual in Spanish/English.
- Strong background in teaching advanced topics in geometry and algebra (for Math course).
- Strong background in teaching integrated and contextualized reading/writing (for Communications course).
- Demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the classroom.
- Experience working with Latino student populations.
Seattle Community Colleges - 11 months ago