Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Boys Town Iowa is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys Town values to strengthen body, mind and spirit.
As our Bilingual In-Home Family Services Consultant you will provide intervention to children and their families primarily in the home, school, and community setting. You will offer training and support in the development and utilization of functional daily living skills to individuals/families with problems. Through developing and maintaining effective working relationships with the families you will build on each family’s strengths. You will counsel family members and monitor individual/family progress on reaching predetermined goals. Regular review and updating of written treatment plans is an essential part of this position. You will promote family self-sufficiency by assisting them in identifying and accessing community services and resources. Overall, your intervention is designed to improve the youth and family’s social, emotional and behavioral well-being. This is an on-call position, which requires some evenings and weekends.
To be considered for this unique opportunity you will need:
The Boys Town mission has always been and always will be centered around creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. At Boys Town we believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people – a fire that burns in each of them.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Behavioral Sciences or Human Services related fields, Master’s Degree preferred, but not required
- Two years experience working with children and families is desired
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Experience working with Hispanic/Native American population is desired
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, plus ability to provide own transportation to complete travel requirements of the job
- Must have a valid auto liability insurance policy
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Proficient in use of Word, Excel, and e-mail
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. One of the country’s largest nonprofit, publically funded child-care organizations, Boys Town annually touches the lives of more than 400,000 boys, girls, parents and others nationwide through its highly effective services and programs.
If you are committed, passionate and feel you are qualified to take on a life-changing experience please apply at www.boystown.org/careers .
Boys Town is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, who participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation as part of the application process, please contact us toll-free for assistance at 1-877-639-6003.
Boys Town - 18 months ago