Mutual Telecom Services (MTS) is recognized around the globe as a premier voice and data solutions integrator. Come join the team that sets the standard for superior performance and strong focus on customer satisfaction. MTS engineers, furnishes, installs, tests, operates and maintains telecommunications and data systems for COs, PBXs, remotes, WANs, LANs, tactical systems, and secure systems. MTS maintains telecommunications networks including transmission and multiplexing systems and inside and outside cable plants.
MTS is seeking a highly-motivated Billing/Account Specialist to support all invoicing and collection activity in support of a comprehensive Telecommunications Managed Services Program in Northern Virginia .
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Billing/Account Specialist runs a monthly usage report from a ‘Propworks’ system that lists payments and credits for all telecommunications services customer accounts. The Billing/Account Specialist will review the entire report. Invoices include Telecommunications Services usage data as well as charges for Move, Add, and Change Work Orders, as appropriate. All payments and credits identified in the monthly usage report are entered into the NetPlus6 TMS by the Billing/Account Specialist. The Billing/Account Specialist is responsible for all collection activities for delinquent telecommunication accounts.
Additional duties performed include:
Customer Record Maintenance
Services and Rates
- Telecommunications System Network polling, data mediation and invoice generation
- Invoice preparation and mailing
- Response to Inquiries from Customers and/or Management
- Transferring billing records to an Oracle EBS Accounting System
- Billing function that includes:
Preparation of aging reports
Follow up calls and letters
The Billing/Account Specialist downloads and converts invoice data into an electronic spreadsheet format for transfer to the Accounting Department.
- Polling and Mediation
- Gathering of Usage-based Data
- Perform Raw Data Translations
- Invoice Generation and Distribution
- Operate Invoicing Software Platform
- Create and Distribute Invoices at Regular Intervals
- Collection function that includes:
Additional duties include any NetPlus6 reports or historical data needed to support any billing issues that might arise from the various customers and/or departments and the managing of the Telecommunications System copper and optical fiber cable records which are needed for billing various tenants.
Years of Relevant Experience: 3
Associates Degree or higher desirable and Training relevant to this position.
The successful Billing/Account Specialist Candidate will have demonstrated skills and experience in the areas of:
- Billing & Invoicing
- Bookkeeping / Account Specialist
- Database Management / Support
- Administrative Support
- Workflow & Organization Management