Avalon Health Care is seeking an experienced Medical Biller for a Billing Assistant position! Come join our outstanding team at our Corporate Office in Salt Lake City, Utah!
The general purpose of the Billing Assistant is to provide billing and collection support to the Medicare, Medicare HMO, VA, Medicaid and Commercial Insurance Processors.
Essential Job Functions include:
Other Functions and Responsibilities:
- Authorization -Data input of authorizations received by the facility into the billing software for claims process. Authorization input for all need payers.
- Payment Posting -Collect EOB from the mail, provider pay, or through commercial insurance payer web sites. Employee will collect and process payments within the billing software as dictated by the explanation of benefits.
- Verify SOC - Employee will collect the monthly Medicaid share of cost for each patient. Once the SOC has been collected the dollars will be reviewed within billing software and corrected as needed.
- Case Mix Rates - Employee will review the billing software to ensure the proper case mix for each payer has been entered correctly.
- Medicare Cost Report Coinsurance -Collect information from Utah and Washington Medicaid on properly process coinsurance denials. Prepare and process the coinsurance write off in the billing software. Information will be tracked on the 1235-000 spread sheet to be billed through the Medicare cost report. Will be responsible to reconcile the spread sheet to the GL account monthly.
- Research - Provide support to the other billing staff members in research, reprocess, and rebilling claims as needed.
- Filing -Filing of all coinsurance adjustments, write off adjustment, and payments.
- Communication - Employee will need to have effective communication with the Medicaid and Hospice payers to resolve outstanding issues. Employee will also need to work effectively with facility personal to resolve issues for billing.
- Ancillary Entry - Data entry of ancillary charges within the billing software for month end close.
- Aging Reviews - Completes monthly aging for facilities and attends aging review meetings when necessary.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- Update cash spreadsheet for Cash Management Department.
- Run reports for facility or Corporate Office as needed.
- Other job duties as defined.
-Basic understanding of computer technology, including email use.
-Proficient in Excel.
-Knowledge of and previous experience with payroll taxes and quarter and year end adjustments.
-Minimum 2 years of billing experience.
Avalon Health Care - 5 months ago