The Billing Clerk is responsible for the billing functions, which include billing, record keeping and documentation.
1. Enter charges into databases and bill Medicare, Medicaid and all other payers electronically daily and paper twice a week.
2. Enter payments and/or deposits into the computer daily.
3. Reconcile Accounts receivable for services billed, unpaid insurance or patient balances.
4. Handle correspondence pertaining to patient accounts.
5. Receive and answer patient account inquires in a timely manner.
6. Research carrier adjustments, appeal amounts paid and file any other necessary appeals.
PRACTICE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
JOHN E. WINTER CLINIC: Performs a variety of clerical duties under general supervision. Greets and assists patients, schedules appointments, and assists with maintaining patient records and provider schedules.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified and employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Proficient with MS Office, Outlook and Internet Explorer
· Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
· Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· High school diploma or GED
· Two years experience with accounts receivable, preferably in a multi-specialty environment
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 14 months ago