Statewide Core Requirements
Observe safety and security procedures at all times!
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities, objective and open to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; builds positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Follows policies and procedures; observes safety and security procedures; demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Performs all duties with the utmost professionalism, reliability and integrity.
Performs all duties connected to the verification, prior authorization, billing, electronic submission and printing process of all transportation service calls.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for billing all transportation service call sheets to: Medicare, Medicaid, LogistiCare, Private Pay, and Commercial Insurance for all levels of medical transportation.
- Responsible for verifying all patient, insurance, and transport information to ensure that the transportation service call sheets can be billed accurately.
- Utilizes billing software information to correctly identify the proper payor.
- Electronically submits all Medicaid, LogistiCare, Medicare and NEIC Claims.
- Prints Claims upon request of the Billing Supervisor or Manager.
- Contacts patients and facilities via telephone or letter correspondence when applicable.
- Report all missing Physician Certification Statements (PCS forms) to production staff.
- Answers the incoming billing phone lines in the event that the Customer Service or Collection Department staff is unable to answer the call.
- Overtime for the position may be required periodically. All overtime must be approved in advance by the Billing Supervisor or Manager.
- Must be capable of communicating via written and verbal means in the English language.
- Additional duties as management may require in the daily operations of Statewide EMS Services, LLC. and/or its affiliates.
Additional Job Functions
- Participates in all required continuing education.
- Complies with annual re-training.
Reporting to this position: No Direct Reports
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands : While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, use hands to finger, lift and/or move 20 lbs, balance, stoop, talk , hear with and without background noise, use all fine motor skills. Standing for long periods of time is common. Visual acuity required includes: close, color, distance, peripheral, depth, ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment : While performing the duties of this job, the employee is in a controlled office environment. The noise level in the work environment is quiet and constant.
Required Skills / Knowledge -- All items listed below are to be current, valid, or in good standing.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Medical and Insurance Knowledge
Knowledge of ICD9 and CPT Codes
Knowledge of Office Equipment
Policy & Procedure
Blood Borne Pathogens
Preferred Certifications / Skills / Knowledge
Preferred 2yrs experience doing medical or medical transportation billing
Completion of the ABC3 Ambulance Billing Program
Certification as a Certified Ambulance Coder
This is a fulltime, daytime position, Monday through Friday.
Alert Ambulance Service - 13 months ago