SOUTHERN MARYLAND HOME HEALTH SERVICES, INC.
Title: Billing Coordinator
Purpose: To efficiently and effectively facilitate the billing processes for the agency.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Typing and computer skills. Microsoft Excel experience preferred.
- One year Billing experience in a Medicare certified, state licensed home health agency preferred
- Verify patient insurance benefits.
- Maintains relationship with collection agency.
- Set-up payment plans for reimbursement.
- Enters Insurance company rates into Allscripts.
- Verify accuracy of insurance information on new referrals.
- Enters patient insurance authorization into AllScripts.
- Prepare and process all daily and monthly billing according to set schedule.
- Accurately post payments to patient accounts.
- Provides follow-up and processes unpaid insurance claims to include Accounts Receivable and patient co-pays.
- Assist with logging in received/signed orders.
- Assist with tracking of outstanding order R/T billing holds.
- Attend billing department and staff meetings.
- Assist Payroll Coordinator, IT Manager, Intake Department, Medical Records and front desk as needed.
- Assist with entering clinical labs when Administrative Assistant is unavailable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods, stand, talk, and listen; use hands to write, type, file, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. The employee may occasionally have to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Southern Maryland Hospital Center
- 2 years ago - save job