Work Location: Fort Worth,TX(DFW)
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Billing Services Specialist- Accounts Receivable
1. Provides guidance and assistance to customers by explaining product guidelines, verifying information, responding to inquiries and providing follow-up support to customers as needed.
2. Takes lead role in resolving product related issues identified in assigned client accounts and engages company personnel with the expertise/knowledge required to effectively address the issues identified.
3. Serves as the first point of contact from Credit Unions and internal customers regarding customer calls that require deep product/system knowledge and research.
4. Assists Generalists in resolving complex and escalated inquiries.
5. Duties may include balancing daily lockbox deposits, bill settlement, work disputes, and refunds ensuring accuracy and completeness, initiate settlement of premium and refunds through Corp. Web EFT system, to include inter company transfers. Transactional type processing of customer requests (i.e., cancellations, reinstatements, ACH setups).
6. Performs accounting duties such as daily reconciliations, conducts all "out of balance research" to include member and credit union accounts, as well as monthly general ledger reconciliations.
7. Responsible for accounts receivable, soft collections, and follow ups for both current and new assigned customer accounts.
8. Maintains individual performance targets, quality standards and service levels on responses to customer requests/inquiries.
9. Performs routine clerical duties as necessary such as typing, maintaining electronic documentation, copying, and similar functions.
10. Responsible for general cross functional communications with system service groups.
11. Develops and maintains professional working relationships with Credit Unions, members and other CUNA Mutual employees.
12. Assists in completion of Project work as specified by the Team Lead and Manager.
13. Promotes and maintains a positive, professional image of CUNA Mutual Group.
1. Associate degree in accounting, business, or insurance or equivalent trade off in related work experience.
2. 2-4 years work experience to include accounting transactions, accounts receivable, customer service and knowledge of insurance and financial principles.
3. Strong verbal and written communication in English
4. Proficient computer skills (i.e., data entry, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Internet navigation, and email)
5. Advanced interpersonal and customer service skills
6. Ability to quickly and accurately interpret information as well as demonstrate problem solving skills
7. Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
8. Application of good judgment and decision making
9. Ability to work efficiently both independently and as part of a team
10. Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
11. Ability to comprehend and apply program policies and procedures in an effective manner
12. Insurance industry and CUNA Mutual products knowledge preferred
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 1-3 years
Area of Interest(s): Actuarial, Finance, Accounting
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: SPG20140205-11428
CUNA Mutual Group - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard