Our centers for cancer care and blood disorders are comprised of a team of dedicated professionals providing specialty care and innovative treatment for adults living with blood disorders and cancer.
BILLING SPECIALIST -- 1 FT position is available in the Billing Department. The position will primarily perform insurance denials, charge entry, payment posting, and answering patient inquiries.
The position is part of a 25-member Billing department.
This opportunity is full time, Monday - Friday (no evenings, weekends or holidays). This is a non-exempt position in accordance with the federal Fair Labor Standards Act and, therefore, is eligible for overtime at the rate of one and one-half times the regular rate of pay for all hours worked in excess of forty.
Please note that smoking is prohibited at all three locations of HOACNY property. This policy extends to our parking areas, sidewalks and lawns.
SUMMARY OF POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
- Perform charge entry, payment posting, and working of insurance denials.
- Receive patient inquiries and provide excellent customer service responses.
- Research all information needed to complete a successful claims submission process.
- Ability to thoroughly research, document and communicate with each payer regarding denials and appeals.
- Work in collaboration with clinical staff to ensure efficient submission of claims.
- Identify payer trends and make recommendations concerning payment denials.
- Two years experience in medical billing and/or coding preferred.
- Two years experience/employment in health insurance industry may be substituted for medical billing experience.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have proven customer service skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical insurance industry, laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of ICD9 and CPT coding desired.
- Must posess ability to maintain effective working relationship with patients, staff and providers.
- New employees are provided with 4 weeks of paid time off (pro-rated based on date of hire), and thereafter, earn up to 5 weeks of PTO after 3 years, and 6 weeks of PTO after 6 years.
- 10 paid holidays annually
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Flexible spending plan with debit card
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan and matching contribution plan
- Free parking at all our locations
- Tuition assistance
- Uniform vouchers
- Employer-contributions toward medical and dental plans