Work Location: Currently located in Palm Harbor, FL. Relocating to Largo, FL in April 2013
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – Processes claims electronically to insurance carriers. Mails claims to carriers when required. Works all billing vendor edits including Medicare Service Center daily unbilled reports. Work account delays from the hospital bill alert reports daily. Responsible for posting correct late charges to accounts. Communicates any charge related issues to Charge Master Manager/Analyst.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Works all identified insurance requirement edits through the electronic billing system.
• Communicates issues with patient access and facility departments.
• Researches required information and maintains pending follow up on a daily/weekly basis. This applies to all untransmitted pending claims.
• Communicates daily information needed for billing to the Medicare Service Center via action notes and e-mail.
• Daily transmits all electronic claims to the billing vendor to be sent directly to the insurance carriers.
• Daily works electronic insurance rejects in order to retransmit with corrected insurance information.
• Daily works rebills submitted to the billing department through the electronic billing system.
• Daily/weekly verifies that all electronic acknowledgements were received by the insurance carriers.
• Daily submits required paper billing to insurance carriers.
• Attach I-bills, ER records, implant invoices to paper billing when required.
• Maintain daily follow up with the facility late charge reports.
• Late charges to be reviewed based on specific insurance payor requirements.
• Submit adjustment requests to Medicaid through online automated system.
• Work the unbilled alert and comp census reports daily.
• Work the Medicare 72 hour and Medicaid 24 hour reports to identify Compliance overlapping accounts. Transfer charges when appropriate.
• Work all related Medicare APC edits that appear on the bill alert reports and communicate with facility departments in order to resolve.
• Work the lab compliance related edits and communicates issues with facility lab directors.
• Enter notes in the collection system of action taken.
• Record daily productivity on excel spreadsheet.
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy.
• Attend all required billing education classes.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
• Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
• Interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties.
• PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required.
• Policies and Procedures – demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
• Basic skills – able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• At least one year billing experience required.
• Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
HCA Inc - 24 months ago