Responsible for establishing and maintaining professional working relationships between contracted hospitals/staff and EmCare. Functions as the facilitator with the hospital contracted hospitals/staff and EmCare. Functions as the facilitator with the hospital administration staff, ER staff, Hospitalist physicians, Medical Records staff and hospital-based Billing Coordinators and EmCare. Establishes procedures, identifies problems and trains chart acquisition duties during hospital startups. Implements and trains on scanning procedures and assists with installation of computer/scanning equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to travel up to 90% of the time.
- Takes a lead role with appropriate hospital personnel to assure that effective procedures are developed, implemented and monitored to ensure all ED/Hospitalist charts are obtained in a timely manner.
- Travels to contracted hospitals to establish and maintain a professional relationship with Administration, EDMD, Hospitalist physicians, staff and hospital based personnel and to identify, address and resolve issues.
- Reviews and analyzes chart processes at contracted hospitals.
- Performs hospital startups, implementation of procedures, identification and resolution of computer, scanner and chart processing issues.
- Participates in initial discussions with hospital administration to develop site-specific plans and procedures for chart flow.
- Interacts with IT personnel in the order and installation of computer/scanning equipment at hospitals. Ensures that automated functions and equipment are functioning efficiently and that any deficiencies are promptly reported to appropriate IT personnel.
- Works with appropriate staff and available resources to obtain daily batches according to the lag policy for each facility.
- Identifies and obtains missing and suspended charts, dictation, physician documentation and other information necessary for billing according to the missing and suspend policy.
- Monitors Billing Coordinator production and quality standards.
- Provides Billing Coordinator with feedback, counseling and retraining, when appropriate.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality
- Adheres to company policy in maintaining an acceptable attendance/tardy record
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree in a related field or five years of related experience in healthcare reimbursement.
- A minimum of two years supervisory and leadership experience preferable in a medical billing setting.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- High computer aptitude, including knowledge of Excel, Word and other Windows applications
- Ability to handle multiple functions and deadlines simultaneously.
American Medical Response - 16 months ago
Because driving yourself to the emergency room isn't always the best plan, there is American Medical Response (AMR). With thousands of...