Performs safety checks, repairs, calibration and preventive maintenance to clinical and diagnostic equipment, to include respiratory and x-ray equipment. Provides assistance to nurses, technicians and operators of biomedical equipment for technical and/or operational problems.
1. Performs preventive maintenance
2. Performs corrective maintenance
3. Assists with departmental operations
4. Provides training and support
5. Maintains a safe working environment
- Associates’ Degree in Biomedical Equipment Repair or Electronics; or 2 years experience in Biomedical Equipment Repair or Electronics.
- Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (C.B.E.T.) preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months hospital biomedical preventive maintenance and repair within the past year preferred.