Mission: To improve the health of people we touch
Vision: To be recognized locally, regionally and nationally as a premier health system
R.E.S.P.E.C.T.: We will fulfill the mission and vision by adhering to the Standards of R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
Personnel in the Biomedical Equipment Technician III position are responsible for maintenance, repair, calibration and support of sophisticated medical equipment throughout Erlanger Health System.
Required: Associate degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology, Electronics, or equivalent Military or work experience.
Required: Five years of experience maintaining medical or clinical equipment in a hospital type environment is required.
Position Requirement(s): License/Certification/Registration
Required: Valid driver's license.
Preferred: Certification by the ICC as a Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET). A+ certification.
Department Position Summary:
Personnel in the Biomedical Equipment Technician III position are responsible for maintenance, repair, calibration and support of sophisticated medical equipment, and the users of that equipment, throughout Erlanger Health System. Key responsibilities include:
- Performance of maintenance, repair, and calibration of all levels of hospital general biomedical equipment.
- Documentation of preventative maintenance, repairs, and work activities to meet JCAHO requirements and departmental business needs.
- Installation, modification, and repair of new and existing medical equipment systems.
- Support of computerized medical or clinical equipment and associated networks.
- Coordination of vendor repairs and documentation of vendor activities according to departmental practices.
- Assistance with new equipment technical evaluation and implementation of new equipment.
- Assistance with investigation of incident reports regarding equipment in area of responsibility.
- Instruction of other Technology Management staff in the maintenance and repair of complex medical and/or communication systems.
- Development and presentation of in-service educational programs for hospital personnel.
- General supervision is received.