POSITION TITLE: Biology - Instructor (part-time)
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Department Chair
SUPERVISES: No supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
BASIC FUNCTIONS: The Community College of Aurora is looking for innovative faculty to teach classes and encourage the success of all students, while maintaining the educational standards set forth by the department. Lecturers in this position will provide instruction in assigned classes according to an established course model. They will teach assigned classes in keeping with community college philosophy, while upholding the values of CCA, and abiding by all relevant college, CCCS, and SBCCOE policies and procedures. Instructors will be expected to provide quality teaching, and attend departmental/divisional/ instruction-wide meetings and required faculty development activities, such as New Faculty Orientation. In addition, the instructor will evaluate student performance in accordance with student learning outcomes as stated in the course syllabus, maintain accurate records of attendance and grading of students, and submit required records according to published deadlines, as well as conduct student evaluations of instruction as required by the college.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uphold the values of the college.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with community college philosophy.
- Abide by all relevant college and CCCS and SBCCOE policies and procedures.
- At the first class meeting, provide students with a syllabus for the course that includes all components of the course master syllabus.
- By the end of the first week of class, provide the division with a copy of the course syllabus.
- Evaluate student performance in accordance with student learning outcomes as stated in the course syllabus.
- Conduct student evaluations of instruction in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and grading of students and submit required records according to published deadlines.
- Attend departmental/divisional/instruction-wide meetings as called by the Department Chair,
- Dean or Vice President for Instruction.
- Participate in faculty development activities as required; adjunct instructors must complete “New Faculty Orientation” during their first year.
Current Salary Rate: $665.00 per credit hour
- A Master’s degree in the content or related area is required.
- College level teaching experience in Biology is required.
Anticipated Start Date: Summer 2014
Deadline to Submit Application Material: Positions are open until filled. Application review will begin immediately.
Application Process: To apply, please email a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements and a professional resume to: debora
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know . A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org .
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.