About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position is responsible for installing, repairing, calibrating, preventative maintenance, electrical safety and performance verification, bench and field service on most medical equipment at the board/module level with assistance or direct supervision.
- Installs, repairs, and calibrates clinical equipment at a component level. Inspects incoming equipment for compliance with codes, standards and manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Performs scheduled/preventive maintenance, electrical safety inspections, and quality assurance consistent with applicable regulatory standards on assigned medical equipment in a timely manner.
- Repairs patient care equipment, medical communications equipment and PCs to board/module level through and understanding of electronics theory and applications including operating systems and PC repair. Reads detailed electronic schematics. Troubleshoots equipment using available test equipment. Monitors the work of outside contractors/vendors engaged in equipment repair.
- Provides customer relations and resolves equipment service problems by ensuring that clinical capability is restored as quickly as possible. Maintains communication with customers regarding the status of equipment repairs. Proactively solves technology issues when appropriate. Coordinates/schedules service (self, vendor and, when appropriate, other technicians) via management of customer expectations. Performs device investigations related to regulations and/or incident reporting under supervision if applicable.
- Provides direct marketing and sales support to Technology Management internal and external customers.
- Documents all work performed, maintains parts, supplies, tools, test equipment and technical literature by completing service reports and supplemental productivity documentation in an accurate and timely manner. Maintains an accurate and current parts inventory. Assists manager in maintaining a comprehensive library of technical literature.
- Assists with equipment installations and project work involving patient care, medical communications technology, and clinical application networks.
- Trains field technicians with less expertise in preventative maintenance and repair of medical equipment, and service delivery methods when appropriate.
Must possess a strong knowledge of electronics as normally obtained through the completion of an Associate’s degree in electronics and a minimum of two years of related experience within an acute-care hospital setting. Must posses a valid driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy Must possess a working knowledge of electricity, AC/DC electronics including power supplies, electro/mechanics including motors and motor controls, and hydraulics/pneumatics. Must be knowledgeable in medical terminology and basic physiology. Must also be proficient in PC repair and Windows PC and network operating systems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred
Banner Health - 11 months ago
Fort Collins, CO
- 30+ days ago
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.