The Programmer/Analyst I uses statistical software (SAS, SPSS etc) and works under close supervision with statisticians to generate analysis data sets, tables, listings, and figures as well as results for any post-hoc analyses. This individual is responsible for assisting with the oversight of all programming aspects ensuring the performance is consistent with Acorda SOPs. Additionally, the Programmer/Analyst I may be involved with the development and validation of in-house standardized programs. PLEASE REFER TO JOB CODE 0313
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.:
• Reviews study-related documents including protocols, statistical analysis plans (SAPs) and Case Report Forms.
• Interacts with Acorda and CRO, CRAs, programmers, study managers and statisticians.
• Facilitates the creation of CRFs and annotated CRFs.
• Facilitates the creation of database specifications and laboratory specifications for central lab vendors.
• Reviews completion guidelines, validation guidelines, and edit check specifications.
• Interacts with team members in database lock.
• Assists Biostatistics with developing tools and techniques for improving process efficiencies.
Education and/or Experience::
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Life Science or a related field required.
• Minimum of one to two years relevant experience.
• Basic understanding of clinical trials and pharmaceutical development is preferred.
• Knowledge of SAS and/or other statistical programming software required.
• Prior programming techniques and statistical procedures in SAS (e.g. the MIXED, GENMOD and PHREG procedures) experience preferred.
• Must be able to exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Knowledge of statistical and clinical trial methodology is required.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Basic knowledge of SAS programming required.
• Knowledge of SQL and R programming desired.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: :
Other Skills and Abilities::
• Attention to detail with high quality outputs.
• Must have excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment with medical personnel, clinical monitors, data managers, clinical programmers, statisticians, and statistical programmers.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and maintain attention to detail.
Location: Corporate Office:
This position requires the ability to work on-site 5 days per week in the Corporate Office in Ardsley, NY.
Physical Demands: :
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• This position requires minimal travel; average travel for this position is 5-10% with some variation based upon the demands of the business imperatives.
Work Environment: :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No specific work demands.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Acorda Therapeutics - 19 months ago