Serves as lead staff for all Birthright community engagement. Implements and executes the Birthright community trip which builds lasting and meaningful connections for our participants to Israel, to their Jewish heritage, to each other, and to our community in metropolitan Detroit. Foster an ongoing relationship among the local Birthright Israel alumni. Work with alumni to engage their interests and participation in local, national and international Jewish life, helping them find and develop their philanthropic, volunteer, social and/or professional niche. Also responsible for programming, volunteer management, leadership development, community engagement and participant recruitment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serves as lead staff for all Birthright community engagement, this includes but is not limited to:
• Staffs a minimum of three Community Birthright trips per year for the Detroit Metropolitan community.
• Assume full responsibility for a total of 144 participants per trip, ages 21 – 26, 24 hours a day for the duration of the 10-day trip in a foreign country.
• Works closely with and directs other staff, Rabbis, and Israeli tour guide.
• Responsible for all pre-mission meetings and orientations with participants and lead staff to prepare them properly for the trip.
• Oversees and coordinates the registration process for the community Birthright program including all communications.
• Promotes, recruits and coordinates marketing efforts including e-blasts, newsletters, and social media.
• Serves as lead staff for Birthright Alumni Committee and aids in design and implementation of the Birthright Alumni program for recent participants.
• Helps to develop trip itinerary, plans logistics with trip provider. Provides additional content and programming including Shabbat, Bar/Bat Mitzvah services and various evening programs.
• Works with Partnership 2Gether team in Israel.
• Creates and executes an outreach plan to connect Birthrighters with the Jewish community and introduces them to NEXTGen programming opportunities.
• Manages a tracking and follow-up system for event participants.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree, plus 3-5 years of programming, development or related experience.
• Prior experience in Israel is strongly preferred.
• Experience in outreach and engagement, experience working with volunteer leadership a plus.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Willingness to work with a variety of staff members and volunteers.
• Must maintain flexible hours in order to attend programs and events.
• Ability to work independently.
• Well organized; ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a very strong attention to detail.
• Strong skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, social media (Facebook), Raiser’s Edge Database.
• Working knowledge of Jewish community and tradition; passion for the Federation mission.
• Confident professional, experience working with volunteer leadership a plus.
• Provides leadership role and ability to use sound judgment and make strong decisions regarding unplanned events while on a mission. Anticipates consequences of decisions.
• Demonstrates experience in building and maintaining trusting relations with all constituencies.
• Demonstrates enthusiasm, dynamism and “can-do” attitude.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for an employee in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of duties required in this position.
Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit - 9 months ago
Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Detroit : Website