Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Lead Drilling Engineer – Block 0 located in Houston, Texas through February 18 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The position is Houston based, but there is possible travel required (estimated at 1 to 2 times per year) to Luanda and Malongo camp in Angola.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Provides drilling engineering support for SASBU Houston New Field Development MINZU Major Captial Project (MCP) working in MCP CPDEP Phase 2 & 3.
Some key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
Represent D&C function on MINZU MCP Leadership Team.
Prepare & deliver drilling information in Partner Workshops, DRB Meetings, Project Assurance Reviews, Stakeholder communications.
Prepare & deliver project updates to SASBU D&C Staff in Luanda / Malongo seeking alignment of drilling design.
Work with MINZU Completion Engineer to develop / deliver Phase 2 & Phase 3 appropriate deliverables per MCP CPDEP (some examples below).
- Develop D&C project plan appropriate for Phase 2 & Phase 3 MCP deliverables for MINZU Project.
- Assess and lead development of Value Based Well Objectives (VBWO) appropriate for Phase 2 & Phase 3 MCP CPDEP.
- Develop and evaluate drilling concept alternatives in alignment with MINZU NFD project.
- Develop Phase 2 & Phase 3 appropriate time and cost probabilistic estimate model in line with MINZU Project VBWO. Model will be used to evaluate well design alternatives in Phase 2 to develop preferred well design concepts.
- Benchmark SASBU & Rushmore drilling performance for well designs investigated.
- Perform phase appropriate risk assessment of well design alternatives for selecting preferred alternative.
- Identify and evaluate well design changes and/or technology deployment into the project planning process to help drive cost reduction for drilling.
Prepare Phase 2 Well Construction Basis of Design documentation for the preferred alternative concept. In Phase 3, continue to develop / revise Well Construction Basis of Design.
- Document Best Practices and Lessons Learned for selected alternative to incorporate in Phase 3 & Phase 4 planning.
- Develop a phase appropriate Risk & Uncertainty Management plan to mitigate the well design uncertainties.
- Investigate special equipment needs for the well design and prepare a list of the long lead items.
Develop Phase 2 Well Construction Basis of Estimate documentation in line with SASBU MCP SOP. In Phase 3, continue to develop / revise Well Construction Basis of Estimate.
- Develop well intervention and operating expense costs forecast for the well life
Develop and assess of drilling interface needs / risks with facilities for concept alternatives and selected alternative(s). Investigate potential rig interface issues and develop mitigations.
Engage, contract, and oversee drilling oriented studies pertinent to project work.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
Minimum 10 years of drilling engineering industry experience.
Broad drilling/completion work over knowledge is required; experience in multiple Business Units.
Strong knowledge of Project Management processes. Ability to drive a project across multi functional teams to reach an appropriate solution.
Excellent leadership & communication skills. Holds self & others accountable for performance. Ability to communicate across many functions, and with Asset Teams and a multitude of diverse contractors. Ability to coordinate a multitude of contractors and equipment in a rapid paced well construction factory. Proactively & effectively mentors early career employees.
Teamwork. Demonstrated ability to build team consensus and ability to work effectively and collaboratively in multi-discipline; multi-cultural environment.
Proven experience innovating, willing to challenge the status quo and improve performance. Demonstrates critical thinking across multi functional teams to reach solutions.
Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
Extensive knowledge of designing, preparing the well's basis of design for drilling, testing and completing development, appraisal and exploration wells from semi-submersible floating drilling, independent leg jackup and tender assist MODU's. Knowledge working with vendor in developing the weak point analysis for the riser, wellhead and conductor and mooring analysis; knowledge of subsea test tree and IWOC's systems for floating drilling.
Preferred SME Software knowledge - Microsoft office, Peleton WellView, Landmark Drilling Engineering software such as WellCat, Stresscheck, Compass software.
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron - 24 months ago
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We...