Bloomingdales.com NYC: E Commerce Merchant Assistant
The Bloomingdales Merchant Assistant's primary function is to provide administrative and operational support to our Buying teams. It provides a great opportunity for qualified candidates to transition into executive positions such as Assistant Buyer or an Executive Trainee in central Support.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Manage samples and procurement, keeping track of their status and returning them to vendors.
- Maintain vendor contact lists and tracking photography shot count.
- Create Leadsheets (list of products, broken up by look) that will be sold on the website).
- Enter Features & Benefits for each item (detailed descriptions of the items to be listed on the webpage, ex: fabric content, care instructions, etc)
- Attach Merchant IDs to samples.
- Prepare materials for weekly presentations of new product launches.
- Provide general administrative support and working on special projects as assigned (sales and trend reports, strategy prep, etc).
- Promote omni-channel initiative through communication and following up with BDS counterparts on RTV’s.
- Responsible for managing the purchase order process(ex: PO maintenance, resolving EDI errors, inputting price changes, etc).
- Communicate with vendors including following up on shipping and receiving merchandise as well
Bloomingdale's is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Strong analytical skills and business savvy
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Proven ability to multi-task and maintain organization
- Strong aptitude to work within deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
- Retail experience and/or buying internship a plus
Bloomingdale's - 19 months ago
Popular culture goes on sale every day at Bloomingdale's. A subsidiary of retail giant Macy's, Bloomingdale's boasts more than 40 upscale...