Accepting Resumes through January 26,2013
Dean Foods is accepting resumes for a Cat C Night Blow Mold - Bag On/Bag Off at the Le Mars Milk Plant.
The primary duties will be to bag on and bag off empty gallon and half gallon containers. Other duties will include assisting operators during changeover, perform end of shift sanitation and cleanup.
The ideal candidate is self-starting, flexible, assertive and has the ability to safely perform multiple job functions at one time.
- Familiarity with all applicable equipment and provide quality inspections on all related items.
- Has working knowledge of all equipment to include all support equipment and ability to make minor adjustments and repairs using wrenches.
- Maintain flow of production, removes defective bottles from production line and places in bin for recycling.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned .
Wages and schedule:
- Start rate of pay is $15.76 (with scheduled progressions)
- Schedule Time: Night Shift Hours 10:00 pm to 6:00 am
- Schedule Workdays: Sunday - Friday with Wednesday and Saturday off
- Working weekends and holidays maybe required depending on business needs
- High School Diploma or GED
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to able to stand, walk, push or pull a majority of the day. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal).
Dean Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V