At Twitter, our mission is to instantly connect users to the information most meaningful to them. Realizing this mission involves work in areas such as recommendation systems, information retrieval systems, large graph analysis, machine learning, spam, etc. We are looking for machine learning experts to work on exciting algorithmic as well as deep infrastructure issues, all at a really big scale.
Although you will work on cutting-edge problems, this position is not a research position. You will participate in the engineering life-cycle at Twitter, including designing distributed systems, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our infrastructure and reliability teams. You will be equally comfortable doing incremental quality work and also building brand new systems to enable future quality improvements.
- Apply data-mining, machine learning and/or graph analysis techniques for a variety of modeling and relevance problems involving users, their relationships, their tweets and their interests.
- Design and evaluate novel approaches for handling high-volume real-time data streams.
- Code using primarily Java, Scala, and scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
- Conduct design and code reviews.
- Interface with analytics, product management, and operations teams.
- Work with large unstructured and structured data sets (multi-terabyte+, 100MM+ daily transaction volumes).
- Extensive experience programming in at least one of the following: Java, Scala, C/C++
- Knowledge of a scripting language, e.g. Ruby or Python
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: machine-learning, information retrieval, recommendation systems, social network analysis
- Familiarity operating Linux-based systems
Follow @JoinTheFlock for more recruiting info!
- Experience with Hadoop, Pig or other MapReduce-based architectures
- Active user of Twitter
Twitter - 9 months ago
Here's less than 140 characters for ya: trivial texts or not, every one's all a-twitter about tweeting. Twitter operates a free...