Our engineering teams are responsible for the services and infrastructure that connect hundreds of millions of active Twitter users to real-time information about what’s relevant in their lives and the world we live in. We work on some of the world’s largest distributed systems – our core infrastructure receives hundreds of millions of tweets per day and serves tens of billions of API requests, all with an uptime in excess of 99.9%. Our other systems operate at a similarly staggering scale: we serve over 2 billion search queries per day, render hundreds of millions of ad impressions, and process hundreds of terabytes of log and interaction data daily. The engineering team in Cambridge also handles real-time analysis of dozens of TV networks, pushing the boundary on real-time audio and visual pattern recognition and analytics. As a systems engineer at Twitter, you will help us build, scale and maintain these systems, all of which have a direct impact on the lives of our users and the success of our business.
We are looking for a number of passionate, talented, entrepreneurial engineers to join the team in Cambridge to help us build the best platform systems possible.
- Build and maintain low latency high performance scalable systems
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of Twitter's core systems
- Work in a collaborative manner with team members in remote offices
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems
- Be awesome in developing JVM services (Scala, Java)
- Balance out your desire to ship code with your responsibility to get it right
- Extensive experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, performance analysis, search infrastructure and/or large-scale data processing
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Strong algorithms and data structures background
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- For engineers who will work on audio/video systems, significant C/C++ expertise required
- Active user of Twitter
- Open source contributor
Follow @JoinTheFlock for more recruiting info!
Twitter - 13 months ago
Here's less than 140 characters for ya: trivial texts or not, every one's all a-twitter about tweeting. Twitter operates a free...