Reporting to the President, this full-time position serves as the administrative liaison to the Board of Trustees supports the President and General Counsel, manages the daily administrative operations of the Board of Trustees, and handles executive communications on behalf of the President. The Board Liaison plans and coordinates events, schedules quarterly meetings and the Annual Retreat of the board and works closely with the Assistant Clerk of the Board/General Counsel on board meeting materials and preparation. In addition to Board Liaison duties, the position manages logistical processing of contracts, subpoenas and bankruptcy notices under the direction of the General Counsel and provides administrative assistance to the President as needed. The position may require occasional evenings and weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Effectively communicates and interacts with the College Trustees, senior administration, faculty, staff, and other constituents.
- Manages, organizes, and supports all aspects of Board of Trustees meetings, as well as meetings of Board committees including, but not limited to, preparation of the Board meeting agenda and cover pages, ensuring delivery of the Board books to members in a timely fashion, attending Board meetings, taking minutes, and maintaining confidentiality of all records, files and information, exercising judgment and discretion in matters of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Coordinates all logistics and arrangements for meetings of the Board of Trustees, including location, equipment and support, food, materials, parking, hotels, travel, etc.
- Provides administrative support for event planning and management on behalf of the Board of Trustees, including contract negotiations for hiring vendor services as needed for Board events or functions and obtaining such outside services such as air or ground transportation and hotel.
- Writes, prepares, and distributes internal and external communications, correspondence, presentations and reports, which may include the assembly and organization of relevant attachments and materials on behalf of the Board, individual board members, the President, General Counsel or other administrators as needed.
- Maintains all official files and archives for the Board of Trustees and provides copies of board documents when requested and needed.
- Manages and maintains all official board adopted policies for the College.
- Manages the review and revision of bylaws and other governance documents with oversight from the General Counsel.
- Following up with Board members or special committees as needed.
- Orders food and beverages for board and committee meetings as needed.
- Monitors and manages the board budget and GC budget with account oversight from the General Counsel.
- Assist President with Board related projects.
- Assist the President with special projects and general tasks, including but not limited to: drafting correspondence for the President, serving as a secondary support for office duties when the Executive Assistant to the President is not available and other assistance for the Office of the President.
- Assist the General Counsel with special projects and general daily tasks, including but not limited to: contract routing, managing conflict of interest forms, processing and tracking legal fee invoices by firm, case, etc., maintaining litigation files, maintaining GC confidential office files, processing subpoena responses, drafting correspondence, preparing spreadsheets, ordering supplies and processing reimbursements, etc.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality in all functions of this office.
- Behavioral requirement of treating fellow employees, students, and the institution’s guests with civility, and to refrain from actions that disrupt the efficient functioning of the College.
- Demonstrate professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion.
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks accurately and accept supervisory input and constructive criticism.
- Ability to manage stress and work under pressure while multitasking under deadlines.
- Ability to take direction from multiple executives, with a direct reporting relationship to the President and dotted responsibilities to the General Counsel.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: - Assist Leadership or other employees of the College on board related matters or other special projects.
- Serve on campus wide committees, such as the Commencement Committee.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: - Experienced with and technical proficiency in MS Windows applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Skilled with use of internet research and search tools, including social media.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Able to understand and exercise the highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality in all matters.
- Must consistently exercise good judgment.
- Must be consistently attentive to details and able to follow-up on projects.
- Able to accomplish set goals on time and within budget.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage multiple and sometimes competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, taking initiative, as well as collaboratively as part of a team and to support the work of others.
- Able to work nights and weekends on occasion.
- Able to transport self and materials to off-site events.
- Able to maintain flexibility at all times.
EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of five years of experience working in an executive assistant capacity, preferably with boards and executive leadership or other directly related progressively responsible administrative management experience required. Higher education experience preferred.
Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 25 pounds.
Cambridge College - 6 months ago