Board Design Engineer Grad Intern
Be part of our leading-edge Innovation Center design team, designing & testing board design solutions for high-end, cutting-edge technology Server products within Intel's Datacenter & Connected Systems Group.
We are currently looking for a Graduate Level intern (MS/PhD candidate) to start with our team between February to June, for a long-term internship (12 months).
Individuals in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in High-Speed Digital Design would likely find challenges and learning opportunities matched to their areas of interest.
As a Board Design Engineer intern, your responsibilities will include technical design, development, & verification, including printed circuit board design, test planning & test execution, debug & analysis, design documentation, problem-solving, and design for manufacturability and assembly.
You will have the opportunity to learn about Intel Server Architecture, demonstrate your technical knowledge, and be a contributing team member, who introduces new ideas affecting a product and who initiates improvements, including innovations that lead to intellectual property, patents, and presentations.
- Responsibilities include providing robust and cost-effective board design solutions for multiprocessor server boards designed in DuPont, WA.
- You will be performing circuit analysis, design of experiments, board development, testing, debug, and verification using state-of-the-art tools and methods.
- Typical duties also include checking that designs meet design rules, performing collection of lab measurements, performing simulations, and performing board design updates.
You must be pursuing an advanced technical degree (MS or Ph.D.) in Electrical Engineering with GPA 3.0 or better and a graduation date of December 2013 or later.
You must be knowledgeable about high-speed digital design concepts, such as printed circuit board design, high speed signaling, digital & analog circuit design, and signal integrity.
Requires good theoretical knowledge in digital hardware circuits design and signal integrity, plus operational knowledge & experience with hardware lab test equipment (DVM, Oscilloscopes, etc.).
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with the specific ability to work in teams.
- Able to build effective, collaborative relationships with other functions, to deliver synergistic designs.
- Well-developed computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.)
- Ability to read, comprehend, and explain engineering drawings and technical documents.
- Leadership skills, ability to work independently and make autonomous decisions when necessary.
- Unlimited authorization to work in the United States.
- Minimum of 3 months experience with electronic test and measurement.
- Familiarity with Cadence HW tool set and Allegro CAD tools.
Feb 4, 2013
May 31, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel’s discretion. Intel invites people of all ages currently enrolled in an academic institution (or graduated within the last 18 months) to apply.
Intel - 2 years ago
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...