Under direct supervision of the Imaging Services Director and Chief of Diagnostic Imaging, operates bone densitometry equipment to produce quality images. Perform related technical functions to ensure optimal diagnostic quality of patient care utilizing efficient and safe processes.
• Assists radiologists and/or technologists during procedures.
• Maintains the highest standard of patient care as specified in regional and local policies and procedures.
• Assembles supplies needed for examinations and transports patients as needed.
• Operates and records bone densitometry images of optimal diagnostic quality by set standards and procedures based upon individual patient needs.
• Completes scans re-analysis and distribution to referring physicians, outpatient records, and bone density files.
• Performs procedures such as archiving, copying, and sending optical/floppy discs to other facilities as well as archiving database.
• Retrieves and delivers film jackets as needed.
• Uses computerized systems to maintain daily logs, patient schedules and performs any other related clerical duties as needed.
• Understands the computer programs and required protocols for examinations.
• Maintains proper file room inventories.
• Assumes responsibility for the orderliness and cleanliness of the bone density suite and other imaging areas assigned.
• Cleans technical and auxiliary equipment to ensure quality and hygiene for infection control purposes.
• Answers phones and explains department procedures when needed.
• Must be able to train new B.D.T. employees and students, as needed.
• Perform other related duties as necessary.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Two (2) years of experience.
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Graduate of an accredited Medical Assisting Program or an in-house Kaiser Permanente Medical Assisting program, or have at least two (2) years of experience assisting patients and physicians in a high-volume department.
• Must have completed a State of California approved course of training in Bone Densitometry.
• Current BLS required.
• Certified by the State of California (limited permit in Bone Densitometry - X-ray Bone Analysis).
• Must be fully proficient in Bone Densitometry to the full satisfaction of the department manager and have knowledge of the required protocols in performing Bone Densitometry procedures.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
• Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Kaiser Permanente - 14 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...