Position responsible for administering bone density examinations to patients . Maintains thorough knowledge of bone density machine, radiation safety and performs quality control procedures, gathers data for QA program, and implements changes as necessary. Serves as a preceptor, mentor, and resource to staff as well as assists mammography technologists with patient flow. Must be able to access and retrieve information from PACS system.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Consistently supports and communicates the Mission , Vision and Values of St. Joseph
Medical Center .
2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected
Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper
reporting, documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Prepares patient for procedure by noting appropriate medical history, carefully screening patients and documenting such on the appropriate bone density questionnaire, noting the correct physician orders and maintaining rigid adherence to department safety standards.
5. Consistently able to respond to high volume situations in addition to routine schedule without sacrificing accuracy/quality. Must meet modality specific departmental standards.
6. Displays a cooperative attitude and communicates effectively with Radiologists, other Medical Imaging areas and/or other hospital departments to expedite patient care.
7. Completes order entry and exam data entry functions in radiology information management system. Must be able to access and retrieve information from PACS system.
8. Remains in assigned work area to greet patients and facilitate their visit. Perform patient care duties such as transporting patients, preparing patient for imaging studies.
9. Adjust personal schedule to accommodate department workload including on-call when required. Assists others in department as time and schedule permits to better establish patient work flow.
10. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by IASIS and demonstrated by:
a. Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
b. Adheres to dealing appropriately and fairly with employee misconduct.
c. Enforces all compliance policies as they pertain to his/her area.
d. Provides and assures timely compliance education as requested by the Regional Compliance & Safety Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
11. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
Two years of experience in performing Bone Density Exams and performing QC requirements
Two years of experience working with PACS system
Certificate of Completion: Bone Densitometry: Principles and Procedures Class
Current BCLS certification
- Certificate of Completion: Radiation Safety Course is required every 24 months (4 Hours CE)
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- High school graduate or GED
- Completion of Bone Densitometry: Principles and Procedures Class
- Completion of Radiation Safety Course
Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients, and families.
Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, to independently carry out the duties of the position.
Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Additional languages preferred.
Basic computer knowledge and knowledge of PACS system
IASIS Healthcare - 14 months ago