Scholastic Book Fairs works with schools across the country to host more than 120,000 annual reading events, connecting more than 55 million children with great books each year. Book Fairs foster enthusiasm for reading, while helping to build school and classroom libraries by providing students, teachers and parents access to thousands of books and educational products at affordable prices.
We are looking for a Part Time Field Sales Representative to manage our Jersey City Book Fairs territory working out of a home office. This individual will:
Market and Event Management
1. Collaboratively develop, motivate, direct work load, and allocate time for Book Fair Merchandisers.
2. Develop a sales plan by partnering with the Sales Consultants in target schools/fairs to maximize sales at each event.
3. Identify, communicate, and respond to opportunities to impact sales and customer satifaction with each custer.
4. Schedule, coordinate, and conduct Book Fair Workshops to maximize the Chairperson training opportunities and sales performance.
5. Conduct selected revenue-building activities to optimize Book Fair financial results for the school and the Company.
6. Evaluate schools for prospective customers and additional bookings.
7. Coordinate planned reveue-building activities of assinged Book Fairs with Chairperson and other Book Fair partners in the school to generate sales and acieve cutomer satisfaction.
8. Manage, coordinate, attend, and conduct presentations at events such as conventions, exhibits, trade shows, and host/hotel shows.
9. Maintain accurate and up-to-date sales/services records of all activity in assigned territory, ensuring that all departments receive the necessary information as required.
10. Prioritize tasks, recognize issues or opportunities, take indepaendent and immediate action when made aware of a situation, and readjust priorities in order to meet assigned goals and objectives.
1. Develop and expand customer relationships with each Chairperson and other school personnel by understanding individual requirement/expectations and meeting needs through company's product, process, and services.
2. Build rapport and cooperative relationships with customers, and take immediate action to meet customer needs and concerns. Seek feedback, and effectively recover from customer service mistakes.
3. Provide value and ensure exceptional customer experiences by delivering on commitments made.
4. Listen patiently and carefully to customers by demonstrating genuine interest in their ability to be successful.
1. Partner with the Operations Department, and other school personnel by understanding individual requirements/expectations and meeting needs through our product, process, and services.
2. Positively impact the performance of personal territory and internal team members, making procedural suggestions for achieving team goals.
3. Exercise creativity and innovation by contributing to the creation, enhancement, or improvement of Scholastic's products, services, and internal operations.
4. Build productive working relationships with both internal and external customers through effective, organized, and timely communications.
Functional Expertise/Personal Effectiveness
1. Support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
2. Work with business partners to implement new technologies, staying abreast of current sales process/expectations as developed.
3. Work effectively in situations involving shifting priorities and rapid change, demonstrating ability to cope well with challenging circumstances.
4. Maintain business confidentiality relative to pricing, promotion, customer lists, and methods of distribution.
5. Perform all other field sales duties as assigned by the Field Sales Manager.
1.Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, or related field
2.Minimum of two (2) years of proven successful sales experience in telephone sales, personal selling, and customer service
3. Proficiency with MS Office software; experience with Sales Automation, Customer Relationship Management, or Web-based software programs.
4. Proven ability to build and grow revenue while adding value for customers.
5. Familiarization with children's literature, Book Fairs, and school activities desired.
6. Ability to execute a vision, manages multiple priorities, and achieves results.
7. Strong oral and written communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
8. Demonstrated customer orientation over the telephone.
9. Outstanding interpersonal skills with peers, superiors (cross functional and throughout the organization) and customers.
10. Proficient in marketing and merchandising strategy and execution.
11. Professional business attire and appearance.
12. Valid driver's license with acceptable MVR (0 at fault accidents and 1 violation or 1 at-fault accident in last 5 years and no violations) and passing background check.
13. Overnight travel as necessary.
14. Evening hours as needed.
15. Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs, push/pull cases up to 300 lbs. Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Scholastic - 15 months ago
Once upon a time, a company grew up to become one of the world's leading children's book publishers. Scholastic Corporation sells...