As our full-charge Bookkeeper , you will perform day-to-day accounting functions for our congregation. Your organizational skills and attention to detail will be essential as you prepare financial statements , manage membership invoicing and accounts receivables , and prepare budget information . Reporting to the Executive Director, your positive professional approach will mirror the culture of our congregation.
- Review, prepare, and enter data for financial reports.
- Perform basic bookkeeping functions including A/R, A/P, and payroll.
- Manage general ledger reconciliation and journal entries.
- Supervise clerical staff in the processing of invoices, posting of cash receipts, preparation of member statements and donor receipts .
- Process remote deposits and credit card payments.
- Prepare annual pledge invoices .
- Monitor cash flow and propose bank account transfers for approval.
- Provide budget to actual reports to assist in the budgeting process.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- 2+ years of full-charge bookkeeping experience .
- High School diploma required. Associate or Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks , MS Office and MS Excel is required.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Professional demeanor with a service attitude.
- Willingness to pitch in and do whatever it takes to help our team deliver quality services.
Indianapolis Hebrew Congregation will reward your talents with a base salary of $38-40k. Your comprehensive benefit package includes health, disability, life, retirement, and paid vacation & holidays.
If you are a bookkeeping expert , we encourage you to apply online! We prefer that you submit an electronic resume via this career site.
To learn more about Indianapolis Hebrew Congregation , please visit http://www.ihcindy.org.
Indianapolis Hebrew Congregation requests that all candidate or recruiter communication be directed to Safari Solutions.
Drew Smith, HR Consultant