Job Summary: As part of our Store Administration team and working closely with the Corporate Accounting Department, this position performs varied accounting and administrative functions, including accounts payable/accounts receivable, cash handling and reconciliation. Responsible for the accurate, timely reporting of financial information.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Balances cash register tills, including reconciliation of all tender types.
- Monitors till overages and shortages and reports such discrepancies to the Store Director and/or Assistant Store Director.
- Runs NCR and EBT computer reports to reconcile daily balances.
- Prepares daily bank deposits.
- Enters daily sales into computer for miscellaneous reporting.
- Ensures adequate supply of change; orders from the bank as needed.
- Ensures adequate supply of postage and gift certificates; orders as needed.
- Prepares and submits vendor coupons to Coupon Redemption Center for payment.
- Manages and performs NSF check collection by acting as a liaison between the check collection company and Metropolitan Market.
- Processes and monitors in-store accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers.
- Completes miscellaneous clerical and administrative functions, including filing and photocopying.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the Store Director and/or Assistant Store Director.
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
- Minimum of two years high volume cash handling experience.
- One to three years accounts payable/accounts receivable experience in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Strong computer skills and experience with multi-line telephone systems required.
- Must be proficient in Lotus WordPro and Lotus 1-2-3. Experience with MS Word and Excel preferred.
- Excellent 10-key skills and capable keyboarding abilities (35 WPM).
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills a must. Analytical and problem solving skills required; proven history of analyzing numerical data.
- Superior oral and written communication skills required, including good punctuation, spelling and grammar. Strong interpersonal skills essential.
- Ability to produce quality output while working within deadlines a must. Sense of urgency required.
It is the policy of Food Markets Northwest, Inc. d.b.a. Metropolitan Market and its members to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, genetic information, creed, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or any other bases protected under applicable local, state, or federal law.
- Proven ability to interact and perform all job responsibilities with professionalism and confidentiality essential.