Responsible for providing customer service to bookstore patrons.
- Serves as cashier at cash register.
- Assists customers in finding desired materials.
- Ensures that appropriate materials are stocked and orderly.
- Takes telephone inquires.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE :
High School diploma or GED and six months of customer service experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS :
OTHER JOB RELATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES :
- Customer Service Skills
- Ability to deal effectively with others
- Ability to operate specific equipment (i.e., cash register, computers, fax, copier, etc.)
JOB RELEVANT COMPETENCIES :
- Shows consideration for others, listens effectively, cooperates well with others, establishes and maintains relationships, is adaptive, remains calm under stress, and is persevering.
- Can anticipate customers’ concerns and is customer service oriented.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
Normal office conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
In exercising these functions the employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally and up to 25 lbs. regularly. The employees must be able to see objects up close.
Houston Baptist University - 12 months ago