Audit Senior Associate – Boston, MA (Copley Square)
We are looking for high achieving and enthusiastic professionals with a desire to make a difference to join our team. Use your talent and passion to accelerate your personal growth and become a trusted business advisor to our world class clients.
CBIZ Tofias is seeking an Audit Senior to join our growing Audit Team.
Make a difference – Join CBIZ Tofias!!
- Coordinate the various phases of an engagement, including staff requirements, locations to be visited, job planning, scheduling, etc
- Study and evaluate the internal controls, organization, systems or other appropriate items and prepare or review the audit program or consulting project and time budget
- Assign work to existing staff members on the basis of their knowledge and capabilities and supervise them on projects
- Evaluate work papers to determine that the audit or engagement was performed in accordance with generally accepted auditing or consulting standards
- Review with Supervisor, Manager, Director or Managing Director any significant audit or consulting findings, financial statement presentation or other matters within the purview of an accounting or consulting assignment
- Prepare or review financial statements, notes, schedules, management letters, income tax returns, reports, programs, systems, policies and procedures for discussion with the client
- Prepare constructive staff counseling/evaluation reports
- Other responsibilities as necessary
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance or Business, Master’s degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- 3-5 years in public accounting with some staff supervisory and development experience required
- CPA certification preferred
- NFP and/or EBP experience preferred
- Excellent analytical, research, interpersonal, written and oral communications skills necessary;
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct, organize, prioritize and effectively manage multiple engagements
- Ability to effectively present information, listen and respond to questions from clients and team members
- Adaptable self-starter with an eagerness to learn
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel required
- Experience with ProSystem FX Engagement preferred
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
CBIZ Tofias, the New England Division of the 7th largest accounting, tax, and consulting provider in the U.S., uniquely combines national resources with local decision making by experienced, New England-based professionals. Our specialists, skilled in accounting and auditing * , tax, and a range of consulting services, are dedicated to supporting the growth and success of our clients. We serve private and public companies in more than a dozen industries; sophisticated not-for-profit organizations; and high net worth individuals and family groups.
Our New England offices are located in Boston, MA and Providence, RI and are comprised of nearly 200 professionals. Nationally, CBIZ has over 30 financial services offices in major cities.
CBIZ Tofias offers a highly competitive benefits and compensation package to all employees. If you would like to learn more, visit our website at www.cbiztofias.com .
* CBIZ Tofias is a leading provider of tax and consulting services. Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. - Tofias New England Division, an independent CPA firm, provides audit and other attest services. Like other national firms, our tax/consulting and audit practices are organized as separate and independent legal entities that work seamlessly together to serve our clients.
E-Verify, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) is one of the nation's leading providers of professional business consulting services with careers available in Financial...