Box Office Manager
Reports To: Director of Ticket Operations (Bob Cunningham)
Positions Directly Supervised: Assistant Box Office Manager; Graduate Assistants
Basic Function: To advance the mission and values of the OU Athletics Department by managing all phases of ticket operations, including order processing, printing and distribution of tickets for all athletic events sponsored by the University of Oklahoma Athletics Department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage staff of full-time students, graduate assistants, and temporary office personnel. Oversee hiring and training new student employees. Establish student worker schedules and monitor grade progress reports. Conduct periodic student staff meeting to review policies, procedures, and provide training information. Provide annual student evaluations/meetings for one-one feedback.
• Oversee and manage box office on a daily basis. Supervise all daily customer phone and walk-up interactions and sales. Mediate problems and customer disputes. Provide student staff with up to date information regarding sales, policies, deadlines, schedules, etc. via personal boxes and daily message board. Ensure that all forms and documents received are directed appropriately. Oversee daily batch checking procedures.
• Assist in maintaining the Paciolan system. Update control records as needed. Oversee the updates of customer accounts and scanning of all address changes. Assist in building of facilities and allocation of away game seating. Perform open seat report and check prior to season to ensure accuracy.
• Manage student ticket sales and season ticket pick-ups. Coordinate ad placement of upcoming sale with Marketing Department. Organize group sign up for away game tickets. Allocate and stuff away game tickets. Coordinate provision and sign-up of complimentary tickets for athletic department student workers. Generate pick up schedules. Update all student ticket policies and procedures for campus wide distribution. Coordinate sales with the HSC and Tulsa campuses.
• Assist in ticket process for donor seating with Sooner Club. Aid in seating upgrade process and coordinate sales of new donor season tickets. Ensure that student workers are knowledgeable regarding donor seating and programs via the Sooner Club.
• Maintain and update monthly budget report. Create annual categorized budget. Assist in purchasing coordination.
• Aid in the event management aspect of the ticket office. Oversee set up, sales, and ticket operations at various athletic events. Supervise student & temporary staff in their event duties. Assist as needed at athletic events, including administration of complimentary tickets, recruiting tickets, reconciling cash sales, and generating attendance reports.
• Knows, understands, and reinforces commitment to NCAA and Big XII rules. Violations or suspected violations must be reported to the Compliance staff.
• Monitors and promotes student-athlete welfare.
• Communicate and interact effectively, respectfully and appropriately with diverse populations in the Department, the University, and the community.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with colleagues, student-athletes, coaches, and administrators.
• Handle multiple tasks in a high stress environment.
• Ability and willingness to work some nights and weekends.
• Efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• A Bachelor†s degree in any specialization OR an equivalent combination of education and job related experiences.
Box Office Manager
If you are interested in applying for this position, you can apply for the position on our Human Resources site at: https://jobs.ou.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
Kimberly R. Miller, MS, PHR | Director of Human Resources
The University of Oklahoma | McClendon Center for Intercollegiate Athletics 180 W. Brooks St., Ste. #3640 | Norman, OK | 73019 Work: 405.325.4206 | Cell: 405.308.9683 | Fax: 405.325.8306
The University of Oklahoma in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, sex, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices or procedures. This includes but is not limited to admissions, employment, financial aid and educational services. For questions regarding discrimination, sexual assault, sexual misconduct, or sexual harassment, please contact the Office(s) of Institutional Equity as may be applicable -- Norman campus at (405) 325-3546/3549, the Health Sciences Center at (405) 271-2110 or the OU-Tulsa Title IX Office at (918) 660-3107. Please see www.ou.edu/eoo
National Collegiate Athletic Association - 14 months ago