***Please note this is a 2nd shift position. The hours are 3:30pm - 2:30am (rotating schedule 4 days/wk - 10hrs/day)
This role supervises and directs the activities of Boxing department personnel. Work with packaging production management, production supervisors, and the Master Scheduler to ensure Work Orders are boxed and prepared for sterilization and/or shipment to the customer according to the Production Schedule. Position responsibilities include but are not limited to process accuracy, quality, unit package inspection, counting, boxing, labeling, palletization and inventory issuance/replenishment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise the day-to-day activities of the Boxing and/or Secondary Packaging department and ensure that personnel process pre-sterile, sterile, and non-sterile work orders correctly and maintain continuous production flow.
• Responsible for maintaining accuracy of secured Kanban/Replenishment inventory and material issuance against specific work orders. Review material transactions and reconciliations in MES and QAD prior to Work Order release.
• Inform the Kitting Lead, Production Supervisor, and Master Scheduler of any incomplete documentation or missing components associated with pending work orders. Assist in the resolution of discrepancies.
• Maintain accurate records of activities/metrics and prepare reports for management.
• Communicate issues to management that could result in process delays, safety issues, or other potential loss to the company or its associates.
• Monitor department MES data input (labor, work order quantities, quality plans) and transactions for accuracy and completeness and initate corrections as needed and per procedures.
• Performs upper level MES transactions. Complete WO processing and closure in MES.
• Plans for manpower requirements and provides computation and justification for any changes of manpower headcount.
• Monitors and executes corrective actions to reduce/eliminate scrap.
• Dispositions work orders in conjunction with MRB policy and procedure.
• Confers with the Packaging Production Manager, Kitting Department, and Planning regarding the prioritization of work orders considering the delivery schedule/backorder status, material availability, and manpower and equipment capacity.
• Ensures compliance by all employees to policy and procedures.
• Stays current with ISO/FDA and internal quality assurance policies.
• Hires, reviews, counsels, evaluates, disciplines, and discharges employees with the assistance of HR.
• Ability and confidence to assess productivity, efficiency, and overall performance and report back in an accurate and timely manner.
• Monitor MES dashboards for equipment inefficiencies, problematic Work Orders, Material Issuance problems, QC inspection delays or failures, and WO movement transactions. Interpret MES trend reports and make recommendations to management.
• Responsible for evaluating Boxing Department staff and completing annual performance reviews. Initiates disciplinary measures as needed. Documents team member performance and attendance on a daily basis.
• Document and drive best practices and principles in the department
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates including setting and monitoring performance standards.
• Performs and documents recognition, coaching, and corrective action in a timely manner to assist employees on their path to success. Assists employees with professional development/training.
• Delegates responsibility effectively and follows up on assigned tasks given to others.
• Performs Safety training for the direct reports. Monitors Boxing areas for potential hazards.
• Maintain and/or implement programs, policies, and procedures to support AMI as a world class medical device manufacturer.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (strongly preferred) or an Associates Degree with related experience. Non-degreed candidates with direct experience in a FDA regulated industry will be considered.
• Minimum of two years previous manufacturing lead/packaging supervisory experience required.
• Fork Lift certification desired.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
• The ability to prioritize, work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks, and work under time constraints.
• Requires computer knowledge of Windows and exposure to MES applications.
• Able to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, using spoken and written English.
• Must have leadership skills and be able to effectively supervise and motivate team members.
• Review and analyze production and inventory reports for opportunities/challenges regarding continuous improvement.
• Insure compliance with all applicable Arthrex policies and procedures.
• Proactively communicate issues and concerns to management.
• Ensure area of operations is monitored and maintained to meet component cleanliness and safety guidelines.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, and/or schedule form.
• Ability to accurately assess/review associate performance and shift performance.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
The technology and the frequency of the technology required to perform this job are as follows; the operation of the Zebra label printers, Bosch-Doboy sealers, burst test equipment, weighing scales, label dispenser machines, pallet jacks, and tappi charts. Proficient operation/utilization of document scanners, badge scanners, wedge bar code scanners, mobile bar code scanners, and touch screen PC monitors is also required.
Arthrex - 14 months ago