In the earliest days of the electrical age, a young company set out with the vision of helping build the infrastructure that would bring electricity to the rural South. That company was Irby.
Today, Irby is setting out with a new vision: to change the role of the electrical distributor from that of a bid-based provider of electrical products to that of a high-value partner, providing total electrical solutions.
An Irby relationship is all about giving customers the greatest long-term value. We focus on providing the lowest overall cost of doing business, not just the lowest price on a particular product. Clearly, a high-value relationship with Irby will save you more than low-bid relationships with multiple vendors.
Directs, coordinates, and/or delegates the local functions such as inside sales, counter sales, warehouse, delivery and administrative activities of an individual branch either directly or through subordinate supervisors in order to achieve branch and company goals and objectives, e.g. sales, profitability, customer service levels, inventory turns, etc. Responsible for obtaining optimum efficiency, economy of operations, and maximization of profits from these activities by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Address, mediate, and resolve customer concerns, complaints, and issues.
- Interact regularly with customers.
- Support the sales team and counter as necessary.
- Manage pricing and contracts including customer specific pricing and Special Pricing Agreements (SPAs).
- Coordinate counter maintenance/merchandising/promotional activity with merchandising manager.
- Conduct performance evaluations and address branch personnel issues.
- Interview applicants for branch positions.
- Coordinate annual inventory.
- Manage branch inventory status.
- Reconcile inventory discrepancies and adjustments.
- Negotiate pricing and issues with vendors in conjunction with local purchasing.
- Prepare branch budgets and forecasts.
- Develop business plans for branch operations.
- Develop capital expenditure plan.
- Manage branch sales performance, business plans, customer service levels, and status of branch projects.
- Manage branch financial performance (statement of operations, account delinquency reports, etc.)
- Manage branch warehouse operations.
- Approve branch expenses and salaries.
- Confers with other managers and administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals, objectives, programs, or operations resulting from current status and conditions.
- Transmits administrative information, policies and procedures, decisions, changes, etc. to subordinates.
- Ensures all branch activities are prioritized and accomplished in a timely manner according to company policy and procedure.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- Provides direction on quotations or price estimates, terms and delivery for standard, complex or non-standard products.
- Prepares correspondence and reports necessary for business transactions.
- Keeps a careful, accurate and daily record of expenses to be reimbursed.
- Represents company at industry, vendor, or trade association meetings to promote products, service and company.
- Practices good interpersonal relations, using tact, courtesy, a positive attitude toward customers and co-workers, pleasant telephone etiquette, as a representative of goodwill on behalf of the company at work or during company travel.
- Acquires, uses and continuously develops personal technical and professional knowledge of products and general managerial skills to assist customers and other company personnel.
Directly manages individuals or subordinate supervisors who are responsible for the effective operation of individual departments, e.g. inside sales, counter sales, warehouse and/or clerical functions. Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
QUALIFICATIONS 5-7 years of sales and operational experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, legal documents or governmental regulations.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing in Spanish and (secondarily)English, and present information to top management, customers, vendors, employees and the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to perform math functions representative of the job such as: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; Compute rate, ratio, and draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in order to solve practical problems where only limited information and standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A four year degree is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Typical environments include offices, light industrial, commercial, and utility. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
401k Plan with matching, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and more!
Irby is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V