"WOMEN AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY"
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Manage all aspects of the Retail Branch including financial performance, customer satisfaction and adherence to all regulatory and operation policies and procedures. Develop and implement action plan to increase growth, profitability and customer retention. Provide leadership to retail branch staff in the execution of the established action plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and implement tactical action plans designed to achieve sales, productivity, financial, customer service, and community goals in conjunction with the Retail Banking performance plan.
2. Provide leadership to branch personnel in the successful execution of defined branch action plans.
3. Coach and counsel Personal Banker staff on effective sales techniques to develop new customer relationships and enhance existing customer relationships. Develop and coach teller staff in customer service and effective referral skills.
4. Apply a thorough knowledge of the banks products and services to the development and enhancement of customer relationships. Partner across business lines to ensure a cohesive market plan to enhance cross-selling of bank products and services to banking customers.
5. Actively market Sun National Bank products and services to the community; proactively call on major existing and prospective clients to develop new business and to retain or expand existing business.
6. Ensure standard operating and security procedures are being followed and provide guidance in training branch staff on operating problems, exceptions, and adjustments.
7. Develop and maintain active involvement in the community through Board and/or committee memberships.
8. Provide personalized banking services to current and prospective customers, consistently seeking to expand customer relationships and provide the highest level quality customer service
9. Manage Retail Branch budget in accordance with company guidelines.
10. Recruit, hire, develop, and review performance with appropriate follow-up, on all direct reports.
11. Travel throughout the company footprint as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Experience & Education
- Proven ability to build and retain an effective team and develop, coach and manage a staff.
- Demonstrated success in a retail sales environment.
- Extensive working knowledge of branch operations, sales, investment referrals, mortgage referrals, banking regulations, business development and thorough understanding of the consumer and small business lending process.
- Expertise interfacing with multiple departments and personnel at various levels.
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal communication, listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field
- Additional coursework in banking is preferred.
- Valid NMLS Registration Required.
1-3 years experience in a retail banking or financial environment, with supervisory or management experience
Responsibility for branch less than $50 million in size
Participation in a community organization
- 2 - 5 years experience in a retail banking or financial environment, with supervisory or management experience
- Responsibility for branch less than $50 million in size
- Participation in a community organization
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- 4+ years experience in a retail banking or financial environment, with supervisory or management experience
- Responsibility for branch more than $50 million in size
- Board membership in a community organization
Office environment. Ability to operate motor vehicle for traveling to various company regions. Ability to hear and speak clearly in order to communicate simple to complex information to individuals and groups.
DISCLAIMER : This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to qualified disabled individuals for the performance of essential duties and responsibilities .
Sun National Bank - 16 months ago