Responsible for the general management of assigned online schools. Working through the Regional Vice Presidents of the online schools, ensures that day-to-day general management of the schools are executed in adherence to policies and procedures. Responsible for meeting quarterly, annual, and strategic business plans for both the revenues derived from new and continuing students as well as for the schools’ overall expenses and the attainment of operating income. Consults closely with management and functional leaders to assure that corporate initiatives are implemented and managed appropriately. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
Reports to: President of OHE
- Approve quarterly, annual, and long-range business plans for each assigned school, and submits for review and approval.
- Achieve fiscal and operating objectives, as well as develops the strategic objectives for the group.
- Work with the Regional Vice Presidents to assure that staffing is appropriate for maximum efficiency and school goal attainment.
- Assist in the achievement of the Company’s new student recruitment goals.
- Ensure that human resources are managed and developed. Achieves succession planning and management development targets.
- Ensure that federal, state, accreditation, financial aid standards and regulations, and system rules standards are met.
- Collaborate with functional leadership to allocate resources and maintain an understanding of critical issues and solutions.
Interacts with: All levels
Supervises: AIPOD management and staff
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Master’s preferred.
- At least 10 year’s progressively responsible leadership experience within post-secondary career education.
- Experience should include that of a President/Director of a post-secondary education institution.
- Business acumen and prior direct P & L responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with student and staff populations.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer skills. MS Office Suite.
Work Environment & Notice
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Education Management Corporation
- 3 years ago - save job
Education Management Corporation is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America, based on student...