Req ID: 3701
We are hiring a Bridge Project Engineer in our New York office.
Proven leadership ability and significant experience and demonstrated technical excellence in planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of freight railroad; passenger rail and transit; states and municipalities; airports and air carriers; manufacturers and distributors; ports and maritime; trucking and automotive; energy and communication; and federal government projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in the structural engineering field
- Professional Engineer license; prefer New York
- Minimum of 10 years of bridge design and client experience with NYSDOT, NYCDOT, and NY & NJ Port Authority
- Practical knowledge with MicroStation, MS Office and STADD
- Strong Communication Skills
Preferred Qualifications :
- 2 years of Project Engineer experience
- NYCDEP Experience
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible for overall supervision and quality of those projects which are assigned to their team.
2. Assures that the project conforms to the contractual agreement the firm has made to the client.
3. Assures that the project is completed within the allocated period of time and within the budget that has been assigned.
4. Controls project plan by approving design, specifications, plans, and schedules changes.
5. Responsible for client satisfaction.
6. Assist the Director of Operations and Managing Principals in the implementation of the marketing plan and business development goals established for the office.
7. Serves as a technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles and processes for an assigned area of responsibility.
8. Keeps abreast of new scientific methods and developments affecting the organization for the purposes of recommending changes in emphasis of programs or new programs warranted by such developments.
9. Provide team leadership. Plans, organizes, and supervises the work of a staff of engineers and technicians.
10. Responsible for finding work for team members in order for team to meet utilization goals.
11. Evaluates progress of the staff and results obtained and recommend changes to achieve overall objectives.
12. Maintains project staff job results by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
13. Mentors other employees.
14. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
15. Relays company goals and direction to team members.
16. Primary contact for employee problems.
17. Initiates and maintains extensive contracts with key people to other organizations.
Travel requirements: None
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, construction and field assignments can be severe (construction equipment, jack hammers, etc). Position may require frequent travel.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee frequently is required to stand, walk, talk or hear, and drive a car. The employee is occasionally required climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10-25 pounds.
TranSystems Corporation - Transportation Infrastructure and Facilities - that's our focus. From infrastructure and facility design to computer simulation and economic impact analysis to finding alternative financing solutions for transportation projects - we do it. Our transportation specialists, located in offices across the nation, are unparalleled in the knowledge of the movement of freight and people, and unmatched in technical and managerial services. We provide full-scale professional services to both public and private sector transportation clients. Plans, designs and directs components of freight railroad; passenger rail and transit; states and municipalities; airports and air carriers; manufacturers and distributors; ports and maritime; trucking and automotive; energy and communication; and federal government projects.
TranSystems is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).