Broadband Communications Technician (Midland/Odessa)
The Broadband Communications Technician I (BCT I) position is responsible for facilitating the delivery, service, repair and education of Grande's broadband products. In this role, you will have direct contact with Grande's customers in their home or business to meet all of their broadband needs!
Grande proudly embraces diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Summary: Broadband Communication Technicians install, disconnect, reconnect, add and/or change Video, Telephone and Internet Services and troubleshoot Grande Communications, Inc. products at residential customer’s homes.
1. Resolves customer related service problems by performing repairs and/or preventive maintenance on the customer’s installation, by locating and replacing defective company-owned equipment and testing systems
2. Generates additional company revenue by utilizing effective sales techniques and by offering customers information about product options, sales campaigns, and promotions.
3. Adds value to the customer’s installation by completing Video, Telephone and Internet Service component hookups i.e. DVR VCR
4. Accomplishes work load demands against performance metrics by working productively, safely, and by completing all requested work orders in a timely manner with limited supervision.
5. Resolves problems caused by customer’s equipment, adjusts customer’s television and/or VCR to improve picture quality, and instructs customers on the correct operation of Video, Telephone, Internet Service equipment
6. Ensures customer satisfaction by providing information on all available company products and by promoting a positive, professional image.
7. Educates customers regarding their existing service, propose solutions to customer problems, and inform them of Grande Communications, Inc.’s additional products and services
8. Other duties as assigned.
● High school diploma or GED
● Valid driver license and safe driving record
● Three (3) years of experience in a broadband related position where they gained experience/skills in installation, troubleshooting and light sales experience
● Above average problem-solving, planning AND organizational skills
● Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
● Ability to work under hazardous conditions is a VITAL necessity in this role and is part of the daily routine. You must be able to climb poles, crawl through attics and on rooftops in order to effectively install the products.
Compensation & Benefits Overview
● Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
● 401K plus employer matching contribution
● Paid Time Off
● Paid Holidays
● Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
● Voluntary Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
● Short & Long Term Disability Plans
● Section 125 (Medical & Dependent Care Reimbursement) Plan
● Employee Assistance Program
● Tuition Reimbursement Program
● Free phone service, High-Speed Data, Cable Television (in Grande service area only)
Grande Communications - 20 months ago