Provides on-the-job training when required to new Broadband Technicians and current employees who are progressing through the Career Path Program.
Duties & Responsibilities : Essential duties and responsibilities include ability to perform all Broadband Technician responsibilities plus the following:
- Coaches, demonstrates and oversees practical execution of the skills required to perform all types of Broadband Technician job types work orders.
- Coaches, demonstrates and oversees practical compliance with technician-specific policies and procedures
- Coaches, demonstrates and oversees practical use of broadband technician tools, meters, laptop and PDA
- Coaches, demonstrates and oversees practical planning for daily route, including converter room processes and end-of-shift processes
- Coaches, demonstrates and oversees practical execution of interaction with customers, including customer education, Just Ask opportunities and Customer Survey requests
- Asks and answers questions to assure trainee understands how and why specific tasks, procedures, policies or tool usages are in place
- Coaches, demonstrates and oversees trainee’s sound safety practices and understanding of the safety audit process
- Coaches, demonstrates and oversees trainee’s compliance with quality expectations and trainee’s understanding of the quality audit process
- Coaches and reinforces trainee’s compliance with Attendance Program, Workforce processes, work order, Just Ask and other paperwork processing
- Maintains professional appearance and behavior at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requirements:
- Able to present technical information to a non-technical audience
- Able to work independently
- Able to accurately measure distances using tapes and other measuring devices
- Able to use assigned test equipment including but not limited to signal level meter (SLM), leakage detector, volt ohm meter, sweep receiver, underground locater and TDR
- Able to prioritize and organize assignments and responsibilities
- Able to accurately maintain records, logs, reports, work orders, etc.
- Able to operate office equipment, fax, copier, etc.
- Able to handle escalations and time-critical issues
- Able to read street maps and system design prints.
- Able to work flexible hours as required including evenings, weekends and on-call shifts.
- Must have a valid (state) driver’s license and maintain a driving record that meets the Company’s insurance carrier’s requirements.
- Ability to work while standing mo st of the time.
- Ability to walk or work over all types of terrain, in all types of weather.
- Ability to carry tools and equipment including gaffs, ladders, tool belts.
- Ability to work in tight spaces while bending, twisting and reaching.
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs hooks and climbing belts.
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder (approx. 28’ & 75lbs).
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires.
- Ability to perform work in elevated places (i.e., roofs and utility poles).
- Ability to use drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers and other hand tools.
- Ability to work with small components.
- Ability to use close vision, peripheral vision and adjust focus.
- Ability to work in poorly vented areas such as attics, in extreme temperatures.
- Ability to move, crawl, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, pull, push, and grasp.
- Ability to lift up to 90 pounds.
- Physically able to operate computer equipment and test equipment.
- Ability to work in environments that may have dust, dirt, noise, insects and cleaning solutions.
- Ability to work safely near power lines and electrical equipment.
- Ability to drive Company vehicles in a safe manner.